This year, as we continue to practice being light on our feet, we are offering PDFF 2021 as a hybrid of both in-person and online screenings. It has been our great hope to be able to share these films with you in-person at the historic Clinton Street Theater. To see your faces and to dialogue with you about the films, to hear about your projects, your impressions, your curiosities is a dream we have been holding up like a marble in the light for the past year. As health and safety is a central tenant for this community, we will be keeping our senses to the wind and staying nimble around if in-person screenings are aligned as best practice. Please stay tuned and check in for ticketing and information regarding in-person screenings.
Whether in-person or online, we hope to connect with you and we hope you make meaning and find inspiration as you take in these films. We received the most submissions ever this year. In part this tells us that not only is screendance alive, but that it is a widening channel for expression and creation during a time when live performance has been slowed. Just as water finds a way down the mountain, so does our flow of creativity.
Thank you for being here!
Events have concluded for 2021
October 15th – October 24th, 2021
Oct 15th | 7:30 @ Clinton Street Theater
Online: OCT 16th- Oct 24th
PDFF PICKS 1
Oct 16th | 7:30 @ Clinton Street Theater
Online: OCT 17th- Oct 24th
PDFF PICKS 2
Enjoy this curation of 10 films from several Oregon artists, Portugal, the United States, Belarus, the United Kingdom, Brazil, and the Philippines. These films take us on a journey through themes of drunken loneliness, deforestation, how we feel nostalgia in our bodies, human rights, inter-racial conversations, and some films that remind us to smile.
Oct 17th | 3:00 PM @ Clinton Street Theater
Uprooted – The Journey of Jazz Dance Documentary
The history, lineage and future progressions of jazz dance. The story of Jazz Dance is a complex one, it goes to the very heart of humanity.It is a story of triumph over adversity, oppression and privilege as well as a celebration, because ultimately, what all people have in common is rhythm and a basic human need to get down.
Oct 17th | 5:30 @ Clinton Street Theater
Online: OCT 18th- Oct 24th
PDFF PICKS 3
Online: OCT 15th- Oct 24th
IN PERSON SCREENING COVID -19 PROTOCOLS:
- Tickets will go on sale two weeks before the screening so we can more accurately gage the safety of COVID-19 in our community.
- We hold the right to cancel the screening at any point (with full refund to ticket holders) if we deem it unsafe.
- Masks are required while inside. Popcorn, food, and drinks can be consumed with momentary mask removal.
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test from a certified professional that was completed within 48hrs of the event is required. At home tests will not be accepted.
- Name & phone number required for contact tracing.
- Currently the theater has a 100 person max. Tickets are first come, first served.