Portland Dance Film Fest uses Film Freeway for all film submissions. PDFF accepts narrative, non-narrative, animation, mini documentary, & most forms of dance on camera. All lengths are accepted. Documentaries are limited to 20 mins. Submissions are accepted from January – April. More submission details here.
If you have questions about your submission please contact us! portlanddancefilmfest@gmail.
WHAT THE JUDGES LOOK FOR
Portland Dance Film Fest Judges are looking for films that are
- movement and/or dance driven
- choreography & dance that is enhanced by cinematography choices
- cinematography that is related to the choreography
- Festival curation of diversity in:
- Dance/movement styles
- Production Value
Films will not be selected if:
- movement or dance is not key component of the film
- stage performance with film documentation
- videoing choreography that was originally meant for stage without considering cinematography. Will be considered documentation
- you do not have the rights to all aspects of your film, including, but not limited to:
We acknowledge the land on which we occupy at Portland Dance Film Fest. “The Portland Metro area rests on traditional village sites of the Multnomah, Wasco, Cowlitz, Kathlamet, Clackamas, Bands of Chinook, Tualatin, Kalapuya, Molalla, and many other tribes who made their homes along the Columbia River creating communities and summer encampments to harvest and use the plentiful natural resources of the area” (Portland Indian Leaders Roundtable, 2018). We take this opportunity to thank the original caretakers of this land.